The Mission Statement. The mission statement briefly explains the purpose of your business
The mission of the Regional Development Center “STABILITY” is promotion of democratic principles and development of civil society by means of active involvement of the population of the region in social life.
When the organization was founded and why
The Regional Development Centre STABILITY has been founded in 2006 by the leaders WCDI program in Gagauyia.
Description of the board of directors and the functions they perform
The Center “Stability” is headed by a board which selects the Executive Director, takes decisions on strategic planning and sustainable development of the Center.
The board includes:
1. Volcov Victor – Chairman of the board, Chairman of the Municipal Board of Comrat
2. Stoianov Nicolai – deputy President (Bashkan) UTA Gagauzia
3. Тodorova Valentina Director FinComBank-UTA Gagauzia
4. Postu Vitali – Director “Pro-communitate”
5. Kirilovsky Alexandr – Tax inspector.
Within „Women Can Do It” project in Gagauzia has created separate Board including female leaders of the region. They have participated in administration and analysis of the project implementation and their results.
1. Vlah Irina – member of Parliament in Republic of Moldova
2. Radova Olga – member of National Assembly of UTA Gagauzia, deputy Chairman of National Assembly of UTA Gagauzia
3. Jecova Ecaterina – Chairman of tele-radio channel GRT
4. Tsurcan Tatiana – Major of Vinogradovca village
5. Burlaca Rimma – businesswomen in Comrat
Description and number of employees and volunteers and main functions of key staff
required human resource investments:
• Does our existing staff have the skills and expertise to execute our strategic priorities?
Totally organization has 21 members:
- 6 employee working in 2 projects: “Inventing the future – RMA in Conflict Resolutions” and “Women Can Do It” with contract basis;
- 6 female trainers in WCDI program with contract basis. Totally organization has 10 trainers that has educational basis during WCDI project implementation in 2006 – 2007. Three trainers are working from 2006;
- 3 persons, the group of youth – students, in volunteers program “School of young politician”;
- 6 members of the maieutic youth group in the project “Inventing the future – RMA in Conflict Resolutions”;
Also on volunteer basis there are two boards of the organization and WCDI program.
• If so, how much capacity does our current staff have to take on new work? Do we need to add positions, or scale back our goals?
Today there is no necessity of additional staff.
• If not, what roles do we need to create? And where will we find the right people to fill these roles?
There is some necessity to increase the professional knowledge all the actors, who are interested in sustainability of the Regional Development Center “STABILITY”.
• How soon do we need to bring new people on board? What’s a realistic timeline given our culture and ability to raise funds?
There are no limits for increasing of professional skill of the staff.
Location of organization and where the services will be provided
Regional Development Center “STABILITY” is working in UTA Gagauzia and Taraclia district. Geographical area includes 66 settlements.
Description of the services to be provided
Team’s Experience and Professional skills:
NGO Development: female leadership development, strategic planning, Fundraising
Project development: human resources management, volunteers recruitment and coordination , leadership skills development, partnership development of the nongovernmental organizations network, PR and visibility activities, social services delivery;
Community Development: Strategic planning, searching investments, social services delivery:
Expert services of the trainers in organization and providing the trainings;
Funding sources and plan for sustainability:
Today the organization has a level of strategy development formation in the organization and development of budgetary lines. Strategic development of the organization for today has some directions:
Implementation of the democratic principles of the program directed on maintenance of equality of the rights by means of attraction of the international funds and donors,
Creating the real staff – trainers, experts. Training and expert services in social projects.
Service for writing the strategic planning for communities in Gagauzia.
Organization and providing organizational development trainings.
Market research conducted – how the need for the service was identified, who is the competition
There are no NGOs in region with such huge spectrum of services for communities and NGOs at professional level like in Center “STABILITY”. We are only one in the field of female leadership development.
Summary of strategic plan:
• Who or what are we ultimately trying to serve?
The serving for civil society development. NGOs, regional and local authorities, social institutes of the communities.
• What are the specific outcomes for which we want to be held accountable?
The results of the delivering services are connected with civil society development in the region.
• What activities must we undertake to achieve concrete, measurable results?
Concrete and measurable results are described in each activity within the project. For example: increasing the number of female politicians, increasing the number of Primaries that has been actualized the strategic plans.
• How does our specific portfolio of programs and services lead to change?
Today the organization is systemizing the materials for gathering a portfolio on different aspects and also in processing of editing of 2 informational materials on WCDI program and organizational development.
• How well does each of our current programs or activities align with our mission and intended impact?
The organization is implementing the project covered by the mission through the following projects: “Women Can Do It” and “Inventing the future – RMA in conflict resolution”. It creates the equal chances and opportunities both for women and men, improves the role of the youth in society. As a result it influences on establishment of democracy in the region.
• What are our full costs, both direct and indirect, for operating each program? Which projects do we plan to implement in the period 2007-2008? How are they covered, by which donor/s?
The cooperation inside the organization helps cover all the costs of the projects. Fundraising of international programs, regional authorities contribution and human resources inside the organization.
• Do all of our activities complement our core capabilities and expertise, or are we stretched too thin across different services?
The organization is ready to provide the monitoring and evaluation service for community in order to improve effectiveness of the strategies and programs of development for monitoring of female political participation, pre-election and election campaigns.
• How well do we perform compared to peers? How many peer organizations exist in our area of operations?
Regional Development Center “STABILITY” is single center with wide service as for NGOs as for communities. Female leadership development programs is implementing only by the Center STABILITY in Gagauzia.
• Are there services we should modify or add to maximize impact?
In perspective the increasing qualification of trainer staff for improving the quality of the services will be provided. Participation at local and international trainings by the trainers, volunteers and experts will be organized.
• How much of the need for our services are we currently meeting? In our neighborhood? In our city? Beyond?
UTA Gagauzia is in need of democratic development process. The region is situated at stage of frozen conflict. The confrontation between regional and national authorities can lead to serious open conflict. The peace and stability depend on many factors, including the level of civil society development and democratization. The process of stabilization is connected with all settlements of the region; there are no priorities here, we’re trying for equal differential of activity process in whole territory, covering all the settlements.
• What motivates us to grow? For example, do we want to attract national attention by expanding to multiple cities? Would we be satisfied if we could increase our impact where we already are?
The organization is planning to increase the level of influence on process carrying out in the society, including lobby and advocacy of human rights promotion for inhabitants of the region. The establishment of interculturality in peace building framework process is the basis of the Center STABILITY. Today the organization has the authority and influence on democratic process in society.
• What are potential barriers to growth? How will these barriers affect the program model or the speed at which we grow?
There is no concrete system of cooperation between NGO and in the region. The majority of the NGOs have not the professional orientation, implementing activities only with international foundation support. That’s why it is too difficult to implement partner’s project and create coalitions. The political situation is also instable, no warranty for new political changes: as authorities, as political directions. This factors influence on formation independent policy of the organization, as independent institute preferring just clear democratic principles.
Necessary infrastructure investments:
• How much staff and client growth can our current office and program space accommodate?
The staff of the center is too much for such office, that’s why we need bigger apartment. Also it is necessary to renew the technique in order to modernize the working process.
• What new or improved systems do we need to do our work more effectively (e.g. IT, performance measurement, financial)?
The performance and financial management need in new informational technologies. During the time will create the culture, tradition and principles of the organization.
• What human resource systems should we put in place to manage our organization (recruiting, orientation, training, evaluation)?
The highest potential of the staff of the organization requires the periodically training processes which increase practical and theoretical knowledge and skills. The staff meetings, trainings, seminars and exchange experience visits need to be organized for improving interrelations.
• Can we manage the budget required by the human resource and infrastructure investments?
Financial management is professional enough and doesn’t need to be changed.
• How is the funding community likely to respond to the spending plan? Can we raise the money we need?
The communities of the region don’t contribute to the NGOs and the local budgets can’t finance the projects. The financial supporting of the Regional Development Center “STABILITY” by the government with 10% contribution of the project cost is an exception. This is the main proving of the socially liquidness of the organization.